This is assuming the installation of Indexhibit has been completed.
First, upload the Columner theme folder to /ndxz-studio/site/ via your ftp
- switch to Advanced Mode in Exhibits > Settings
- switch to the 'columner_theme' template set
- find your template set at /ndxz-studio/site/columner_theme/
- index.php is your template
- style.css is your stylesheet
- exhibition formats live at /ndxz-studio/site/plugin/ and begin with 'exhibit'
- plugins live at /ndxz-studio/site/plugin/ and begin with 'plugin'
If you are in Advanced Mode in Exhibits > Settings you will find the Pre and Post Nav text areas. Pre Nav is for your logo/the name of your site, Post Nav is for the footer (where I wrote "No © / Made by hm+").
- place an image (html: img) into the PreNav space - like your logo
- place contact, email, phone number, copyrights, links to other things, in the PostNav
You can style many things on your site, like font (webfonts), color of links, size of type, padding and margins. Before you continue you should read the Useful Threads post and also the html/css basics (found at the top of the forum).
When I need to access information in the CSS manual I simply use Google. For instance, if I want to know about coloring a font I would search:
'css background-color' -- background color
'css line-height' -- line height
Before you do any editing of your template (index.php file) you must read the Useful Threads link that talks about how to properly style padding and margin - this is very important.
All this text courtesy of Vaska in the Tips for building your site thread.